Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rachel the Brave

Rachel had her 2 year old check-up today. Her past few visits have been fairly stressful. I tried to prepare her a couple of days before. I told her that her doctor would look in ears and mouth. They would see how much she weighs and measure her.

Of course, all those preparations went out the window when we got to the room. Rachel wiggled and lashed while the nurse checked her temperature (in her ear). She didn't want to be touched with the stethoscope. She just didn't want to participate. This was not as fun as Barney made it out to be.

However, when she had to have her finger pricked she did not shed a tear or even flinch. She just watched the whole process as the nurse squeezed blood from her little finger. The nurse and I found this particularly funny. I think she found the whole thing fascinating (I know I do). I'm sure she thought, "They didn't do THAT on Barney!"

4 comments:

Mom said...

So how much did she weigh? I forgot to ask you that.

Leah said...

26lbs 2oz. I think she was 23 inches long.

Anonymous said...

She must be longer than 23 inches. Most babies are born at about 19 - 21 inches aren't they?

Leah said...

Oh, yeah, hmmm...I must have heard that wrong.

Maybe it was 33 inches.