Monday, February 25, 2008

DailyLit

I came across an article the other day about cool websites that aren't widely known. On that list was DailyLit. This is a super easy way to read a "book" for those of us who don't always have time to sit and read for hours. Or for those, like me, who physically cannot sit and read for hours. I just fall asleep. Here's how you do it...

1.) You head to their website.
2.) Choose from their selection. You can choose a "modern" book but they cost money. However, the classics (Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, etc.,etc.) are FREE because they are public domain.
3.)Click the book you've chosen.
4.)Subscribe. You can either get it by e-mail or by RSS. I've tried both and they seem equally easy to use. You get the book in little bits so you can read as much or as little that you want. You get to receive installments daily, weekly, or on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays. Select the time you want the installment. And then subscribe! It's that easy.

Another cool thing is that you can cancel easily and receive the next installment easily (especially, if you're really enjoying the book). It's all in your e-mail or RSS feed.

I'm enjoying Jane Eyre right now. It all just comes to me and I didn't have to leave my house or spend money. Yay!

0 comments: