Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baby Update

I really think this baby has a personal vendetta against me. I told Tim, yesterday, that I think this baby "hates me." I think it's my hormones. Don't ya think?

I don't really get depressed after the baby comes. I have way too much to keep my mind busy. Plus, I have a sweet little baby. I get down in the first trimester. I think I'm going to die from exhaustion. I'm the only one to ever have morning sickness. My prenatal vitamins are out to get me.

This down feeling has been spilling into my second trimester. I feel hungry ALL the time. My vitamins are still out to get me. I just know it. Saturday night, I almost passed out in the check-out line at Wal-Mart. I had to sit down on the floor in the front of the store. I was okay after I pulled my sweater off but it was an upsetting experience.

However, today, I had a check-up! It took all of 30 minutes (I think that's a record). My blood pressure was good (108/66, I think). I've gained three pounds. It took a while to find the heart beat with the Doppler. I did feel the baby flutter for the first time. I think it was the help of my doctor pressing down on my uterus with the Doppler scanner. Finally,after the baby would hold still, he found a strong heart beat. All 160 beats per minute. He joked that it was a girl....no need for an ultrasound next month. (HA HA, we'll see!) Also, I mentioned my little passing out spell. He told me to watch my sugar intake and to be sure to eat frequently.

So, that brings us to the important date! March 25th we will find out if we're having a little boy or a little girl. I'm really excited to find out. I can't wait to see Rachel's reaction to seeing the baby on the ultrasound.

So what do you guys think this baby will be?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am no doctor...but i have had 3 babies, and the vitamins always made me very ill. Finally with Micah after my first trimester my doctor told me that if i could est well without taking the vitamins that he would rather have me doing that than taking the pills and losing all my food for the day. When I went off the pills, I was a much happier camper, and all was well with my kids too.
As for girl or boy...who knows, I never could tell from the heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

the "est" is supposed to be "eat"

Leah said...

Thankfully, the vitamins don't make me throw up. They just make me gag. I've just been taking them about every other day.

Anonymous said...

GIRL!

Mariah said...

I am hoping for a boy...Mostly so I can unload all that stuff in my basement...;o) But my gut feeling is girl. Shelby also thinks it's a girl, and she is almost always right.

Babies are so wonderful when they get here, but while they are inside, they are little parasites--as my doctor told me. They take what they need--no wonder you feel so bad. You're getting there, sister. I'm here for you. If you need a Rachel break jsut let me know!

Mariah said...

the "jsut" is supposed to "just"--why don't you see those things before you hit the publish button?

Leah said...

Parasites? What a terrible word! Oh well, there is some truth in that. I suppose in the purely scientific sense of the word they kind of are.

"An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host."

HA HA! Oh, my little parasite. Thankfully, babies are MUCH cuter than tapeworms. :)

Anonymous said...

Have you checked the Chinese Calendar thing???? I don't know how it works, or if it's terrible bad awefull, but it has been right with most of my friends..and it was right about 2/3 of mine!

Leah said...

If I read it correctly, it said I would have a boy. But, we shall see!

Ris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ris said...

I felt the most sick/faint with Andrew...I am thinking boy. We'll see. I hope the baby doesn't keep it's legs crossed like Anna did during the ultrasound. The surprise at birth is great too!! Love you Leah, Tim and Rachel! See you soon!

Ris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.