Monday, April 23, 2007

My sweet Rachel

I'm completely beside myself! Being a mom is so wonderful (I'll be sure to read this when Rachel is being grumpy). Rachel is in the process of taking her first steps! Yesterday she took a few steps between two of her favorite push toys.

Today, when we arrived home from the fabric store, Rachel was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. All of the sudden, she tried standing all by herself! No table, chair or person to help her. It was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. She was straining to stand, as if the whole world was upon her shoulders. She was so pleased with herself. Once, she took a few wobbly steps and collapsed in my arms.

Rachel's also bear walking now. She's tasted the freedom of this milestone and now she's building her muscles. I wonder if this why she took a 3 hour nap this morning??

Now is the important question! When do I mark this milestone? When she first took a few steps or when she is successfully walking like a normal human being?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark today in her baby book as WALKING!! Yay Rachel!