Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching up

Wow, has it really been over a month since I last updated?? I suppose I have an excuse. Sarah Emeline came in our world and our home will never be the same! I'm not sure what to write. Lack of sleep may be the culprit.

Sarah has had a hard time figuring out how to sleep...at night. Just about every night around 12:30 she gets wound up. We end up sleeping on the couch together. It's the only way Tim and I can both get sleep. We're doing well though. Somehow, I feel rested after just a few hours of sleep. On Friday night, I decided to put Sarah in her own crib. She did very well! She woke up about every 2 1/2 hours to eat. She had a bit of trouble getting settled in around 12:30am. I tried letting her cry it out but she sounded a bit hysterical. I decided to rock her a bit. She drifted off to baby land. We'll work on her falling asleep on her own in a couple of weeks. Rachel was good at doing this at about 6 weeks. Hopefully, Sarah will be the same.

It's a little different with two kiddos. My attention is split in two now. Thankfully, Rachel is doing very well with baby Sarah. She absolutely loves her baby sister. She talks to her in a sweet mommyese and loves to touch her hair. She's always very concerned about Sarah's whereabouts. "Where'd baby Sarah go?" Although, if you spend any amount of time with Rachel you would soon learn that she's always concerned about everyone's whereabouts.

Anywho,I'm rambling A LOT so I'll just post some pictures.
(As always, click on the image to make it bigger)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! I was just coming here to harass you to do a "Our August So Far" post!

Oh, and the new theme is pretty!