Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween isn't the end of Fall or the beginning of Christmas

It seems this year that we didn't do the traditional Fall/Halloween activities. First, we didn't go to the pumpkin patch this year. It was just too dang hot. It's not fun lugging around a 24 lb toddler or chasing her from one corner of God's earth to the other...especially, when it's hot

Second, we didn't really dress up for Halloween or go trick-or-treating. No, we don't think is sacreligious. It just didn't happen. Rachel wouldn't, for the life of me, wear her super-cute butterfly costume. Also, we had tickets to see "Disney on Ice: Finding Nemo". If you were wondering, it was pretty delightful. Considering what they charge for a concert or symphony,I thought it was worth the money. Especially, since I didn't have to buy Rach a ticket.

Truthfully, we did trick-or-treat...at Publix. It was great! We got a good bit o'candy and other loot; including a reflective slap bracelet.


So, anyway, we did visit the Botanical Gardens one day when it was cool. I snapped some pictures w/ my film SLR (which my bro-in-law found at the thrift store for $1.00!!) and I captured some on Halloween day (don't let the non-Halloween attire fool you).







Ok, so I put one in there of my front door. I just thought it was a pretty picture. :)

2 comments:

Candace said...

I wish it were hot here on Halloween. Sophia had to wear a jacket over her Cinderella dress. Ellie would have melted though, so maybe it's a good thing it was cold. We are going to the library today and the girls are going to be bundled up. They may not be able to move their arms.

Leah said...

Thankfully, it has finally gotten cold here. We dipped to just below freezing last night! We've been enjoy apple cider.

Hopefully, Sophia didn't have to tinkle as soon as you got on all her winter gear!!