Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Day to Remember

At exactly 7:59 a.m. I turned 25 years old. As my aunt put it, a quarter of century. I don't feel older today. I actually feel a little tired. Rachel didn't get the memo that she's supposed to let me sleep in today. Oh well, sleep is waaay overrated. Right?

After shaking off the grogginess and changing Rachel's diaper, I strolled into the living and plopped down on the couch. Got up, fetched Rachel her daily banana, and then plopped down on the couch again. There, on top of the laptop, sat a rolled up piece of paper will an orange ribbon tied around it. It was a very lovely birthday poem from my dear husband. I thought his poem writing days were over the day we said "I do". To my delight he still has the ability to rhyme and make me heart do jumping jacks.

Ah, today has been good so far, now I as type this, I can only thank God for my life. He has placed so many beautiful people in my life these 25 years. My family who has made me laugh more times than I can count and who I can truly be proud to say I'm related to them. To my friends who I wouldn't be who am I today if it weren't for them. To my husband who has loved me in spite of my sinfulness and my lack of organization. Finally, to Rachel who has made me happier these past 19 months than all of my other years combined.

"To God be Glory, great things He has done;"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your "birth" day like it was yesterday...can it really have been 25 years since?!?! You were the only of the four to be born in a modern "birthing room"...I remember being allowed to keep my socks on! And Pachelbel's Cannon playing...over and over and over. I also remember looking into your little face and wondering what kind of grown up you would be...and now I know. A kind and loving daughter, a caring and supportive wife (sinful???? I don't believe it!!!! Human...indeed!), an amazing mom. My hopes for you realized...and more. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you gave me a heads up. Stinker.