Monday, August 27, 2007

Big Sky State--Montana

I'm home, at last, from the beautiful state of Montana. As you know, from my last post, my sisters, my dad and step-mom and I, traveled across the country for my Gramma DeRocher's funeral/memorial service. This funeral became more of a family reunion as all my aunts and my uncle were there. Along with them, were most of the children. Unfortunately, my brother was the only grandchild that wasn't able to make to it. :( There are 20 grandchildren in all so that means there were 19 in attendance. With those 19 grandchildren, were several great-grands. It was amazing to see ALL those people that my grandparents were, mostly, responsible for. At times, overwhelming. To my surprise, I have cousins in Seattle, Hawaii (a golf pro), Phoenix, California. It was also wonderful to see some of my closer cousins again. Those I had not seen in 10+ years. Thankfully, we all meshed, quickly the conversation felt familiar and we talked about our families, hobbies, like and dislikes. We (meaning my very organized sister, Mariah) made a list of our family "tree". I'll have to post it sometime soon. We got e-mail addresses and hopefully, we'll stay in contact. As my step-mom Julie said, "We have a LOT more Christmas cards/letters to send out this year." Indeed, we do.

Here's some pics from my camera. I'm hoping to get some of my sister's pictures. They were better. She's not shy to take random pictures of people she doesn't know well.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's got to be my favorite "unattended children" sign yet - no punishments, only pampering!